We Build Aluminum Screen Enclosures, Pool Cages, and Carports
Why should you choose an aluminum structure in Florida?
Adding a screened area, pool cage, or car port to your home is a great decision. Not only are you increasing your available living space, you are adding value to your home. The type of material you choose for screen makes a big difference in the overall quality. Wood will eventually split or rot, steel will likely rust and become damaged by the elements. Both wood and steel require ongoing maintenance at your expense. Aluminum screen structures are amazingly durable and almost maintenance free.
Here is a list of reasons to choose an aluminum structure:
- Minimal Maintenance Aluminum enclosures require little maintenance from year to year, involving cleaning the structure and screens, and repairing any screen damage or holes. Wood structures require ongoing maintenance, and as the wood ages this maintenance becomes more and more intense and expensive. You will need to paint, repair wood rot, remediate any warping, and clean the structure.
- Moisture and Weather Resistant Aluminum can be used in nearly any environment, even near a hot tub or pool. Wood is susceptible to dry rot, peeling, corrosion, and may be damaged by rain and sun. Wood will become brittle or warped over time when exposed to Florida’s hot, humid environment.
- Pest Resistant When you choose aluminum enclosures, you’ll never worry about termites and other insects eating away the structure. All wood structures in Florida are vulnerable to termite damage. This is especially important when you have a porch or patio that directly touches the ground in one place or more.
- Fire Safety Aluminum is fire-resistant, helping to protect your home and family. Wood burns quickly and a fire that starts in the screened in area could quickly spread from your porch or patio area to the rest of your house.
- Increased Value Choosing aluminum means you’re adding long-term value to your home. You have clean lines, structural integrity, and long-term durability. Plus, you get extra square footage. When the time comes to sell your house, you’ll find many buyers are excited by this type of space.
To maintain your beautiful aluminum structures, we recommend hiring a professional cleaning and maintenance company yearly or bi-annually, as needed, to pressure wash the frame and repair any damage to the screens. If you would rather DIY, maintenance is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Clean your screens and structure with mild soap and water, such as a dish detergent, or use a product recommended specifically for aluminum. You can use a soft brush, to gently remove dirt and debris.
- Have small holes or rips in the screens fixed before they turn into bigger issues.
- Avoid using bleach or other harsh chemicals that can compromise the aluminum or discolor the paint.
If you’d like to learn more about the options available to you please contact us today! We’d love to help you find the ideal aluminum enclosure solution for your home.