Deciding to add a screened area to your home is a great choice. Not only are you increasing your available living space but you are adding to the value of your home. However, the type of material you choose for screen makes a big difference in the overall quality. Wood or steel may split, rot and become damaged by the elements. However, aluminum screen structures are amazingly durable and almost maintenance free. Consider these well-known benefits of using aluminum rather than using wood.
- Minimal Maintenance – Aluminum enclosures require nearly no maintenance from year to year. On the other hand, wood structures will require yearly maintenance and as the wood ages, this maintenance becomes more and more intense.
- Moisture and Weather Resistant – Wood is susceptible to dry rot, peeling, corrosion and may be easily damaged by rain, sleet, and snow. On the other hand, high-quality aluminum can be used in nearly any environment–even around a hot tub or poo. Aluminum screen enclosures don’t become brittle or warped over time.
- Pest Resistant – When you choose aluminum enclosures, you’ll never worry about termites and other insects. With wood products, you have a worry that your structure is being eaten away from under you. This is especially important when you have a porch or patio that directly touches the ground in one place or more.
- Fire Safe – Aluminum is fire-resistant, helping to protect your home and family. Wood burns quickly and a fire that starts in the screened in area could quickly spread from your porch or patio area to the rest of your house. With aluminum, you’re less likely to have that fast spreading in a fire emergency.
- Increased Value – Choosing aluminum means you’re adding long-term value to your home. You have clean lines, structural integrity and long-term durability. Plus, you get that extra square footage too. When the time comes to sell your house, you’ll find many buyers are excited by the promise of this type of space in a new home.
As you can see, choosing an aluminum structure for your screened on addition just makes sense. If you’d like to learn more about the options available to you in or around Cape Coral, Florida, reach out to us at JKS Constructions and Inspections. We’d love to help you find the ideal aluminum enclosure solution for your home.